Name:

At 17, it seems like my entire life revolves around me. It's nice to know that I have my priorities straightened out. Oh, yeah, and there's two parents and two siblings in there too.

Monday, July 24, 2006

Another short post today, as the first day of driver's ed. seems to take a toll on one's sanity (On a side note, do any of you drivers out there remember to honk your horn shortly before passing a car so that the other car will not be startled? I've never seen this done, but so sayeth the Day 1 video).

For today, I would just like to comment upon a few quotes:

"Give me six hours to chop down a tree and I will spend the first four sharpening the axe." Abraham Lincoln
-A very simple way of expressing my outlook on communication. Once I have thought about something and made sure it is exactly what needs to be said, only then does it need to be said.

"Speak only when the words outshine the silence." Somebody else who I cannot remember, or perhaps anonymous
-See above.

"I found one day in school a boy of medium size ill-treating a smaller boy. I expostulated, but he replied: 'The bigs hit me, so I hit the babies; that's fair.' In these words he epitomized the history of the human race." Bertrand Russel
-And to whom does the youngest child ill-treat?

"Thank goodness I was never sent to school; it would have rubbed off some of the originality." Beatrix Potter
-Yes, thanks alot Public School System.

"Ye can lead a man up to the university, but you can't make him think." Finley Peter Dunne
-The same holds true for the aforementioned Public School System.

(Most quotes found on http://www.wisdomquotes.com/cat_education.html )

1 Comments:

Blogger Jean said...

The youngest had better not be ill-treating the cats.

2:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home